Stay Near Upscale Shopping & Top Attractions in Downtown Syracuse
Upscale shopping, fascinating museums and some of the most enticing restaurants that Central New York has to offer – you’ll find all this and more just steps from the Jefferson Clinton Hotel.
Our convenient location in downtown Syracuse’s Armory Square makes us the ideal home base for exploring all of the city’s top attractions. Delve into history at the Onondaga Historical Society Museum, explore the quaint architecture found in Clinton Square or catch a show at the Oncenter Complex.
Explore the businesses and attractions in Syracuse and the surrounding area:
Colleges and Universities
When you stay at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel, you’ll find yourself conveniently located near many of the area’s colleges and universities. In fact, Syracuse University has an Armory Square presence just 3 blocks away in the Warehouse.
- Syracuse University Warehouse - 3 blocks
- Syracuse University main campus - 1.2 miles
- SUNY ESF - 1.2 miles
- Le Moyne College - 3 miles
- Onondaga Community College - 5 miles
- St. Joseph College of Nursing - 3 miles
- SUNY Upstate Medical University - 1 mile
Armory Square features some of the area’s most unique shopping. From designer clothes to handmade artwork, you’ll find a great gift to bring home. If you are looking for one of the largest shopping and entertainment venues in the northeast, we have that too. Plus, outlet shopping is just a scenic drive to wine country.
The Great Outdoors
Central New York is home to some fantastic state parks and outdoor entertainment venues. You can find more information below.
- The Syracuse Creekwalk - 1.5 blocks
The Syracuse Creekwalk is a 2.6 mile trail starting in Armory Square and ending at Onondaga lake. You can walk, run or bike the trail year-round. And when you stay at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel you can even borrow a bike when the weather is good!
- Clinton Square - 3 blocks
Clinton Square is just 3 blocks from our back door and is home to festivals during the summer months. In the wintertime, you can enjoy the outdoor ice rink with skate rentals available.
- The Inner Harbor - 2 miles
The Inner Harbor is located just 2 miles from the Jefferson Clinton hotel and features walking and biking trails and an outdoor stage for live performances.
- Onondaga Lake Park - 5 miles
Onondaga Lake Park is just 5 miles from the Jefferson Clinton Hotel and features walking/biking trails, bicycle rentals, a skate park, the Salt Museum, the Wegmans playground, boat rentals, the Wegmans good dog park, tram rides and is home to several events, such as high-speed boat races to antique festivals.
- The Erie Canal - 7.6 miles
The Erie Canal features miles of walkway to run, walk or bike. The trail can be picked up on the South of Shopping town Mall and takes you straight to Green Lakes State Park (13 Miles) with walking trails, a golf course and beaches with lifeguards.
Museums, Theaters, Art and Performance Venues
From museums to comedy to opera and the symphony, Syracuse really delivers when it comes to the Arts. And when you stay with the Jefferson Clinton Hotel you’ll find yourself right in the middle of it all!
- The Landmark Theatre - adjacent
- MOST- Museum of Science and Technology - adjacent
- The Red House - 3 blocks
- Onondaga Historical Association Museum - .3 miles
- The Warehouse Gallery - .3 miles
- John H. Mulroy Civic Center Theaters - .4 miles
- Symphoria - .4 miles
- The Oncenter Complex - .4 miles
- Famous Artists Broadway Series - .4 miles
- CNY Jazz Arts Foundation - .5 miles
- New Times Theater/Theater '90 at the NYS Fairgrounds - .5 miles
- The Everson Museum - .6 miles
- Syracuse Stage - 1 mile
- Community Folk Art Center - 1.1 miles
- Lightwork - 1.7 miles
- Funny Bones- Comedy - 2.5 miles
Visiting Syracuse for Business
When you are visiting Syracuse for business, stay at the Jefferson Clinton Hotel and enjoy Armory Square after you are done working. We are conveniently located adjacent to the downtown business district, close to hospitals and Syracuse University.
If you would like to arrange for a negotiated rate please contact our sales office. We also offer the JCH Club for those businesses with fewer travel needs. Please contact us for more information.